Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ouch!

I'm convinced that it's a curse.... Every time my husband leaves and is out of reach, something bad happens within a day or two. The first time, I got a flat tire. The second time, we had a massive power outage in the middle of winter and I was stranded with the animals in a 48 degree apartment. This time, I was trying to get a jumpstart on my weight loss and went out for a run with the dog before work. Well, he took off one way and I fell right on my hand. Ouch! Turns out I broke a bone at the
base of my pinky finger. Grrreeeaaatttt.....

I would have been posting more but I'm still learning how to type with only one hand.
I do have good news I guess though. Judging by the fact that I haven't gotten a phone call saying that he's recycled due to the water confidence course, he passed! Yay! I'm just waiting for his address so I can send him letters. I don't think I'm going to mention my hand although he'll probably wonder why my handwriting is messy. I just don't want to worry him.

I 'm enjoying my freedom a little bit. I bought myself a new phone and have gotten some things for the dog, like a dog backpack. It's kind of nice to be able to make some decisions on my own and have a timeline that only consults one.... me! I do miss him, don't get me wrong. I've had a hard time sleeping these last few nights. I've been a little on edge and jumpy in my sleep, but that will pass. By the time I get used to it though, he'll be back and I'll have to get used to having him back in my bed.

I feel like the dog and I are bonding more. The last month or so Mr. S has been home most of the time with him and I was working. Now, it's just me again. He's been listening to me more and seems to understand that while Mr. S is gone, I'm the boss. I'm going to schedule another training session with him while Mr. S is gone. He still has some issues stemming from being a shelter puppy, but he's sweet. I already taught him another trick since Mr. S left. I don't know what I would do without him. Granted, I also have two rabbits and a cat, but there's nothing like a dog when it comes to companionship. I'm so glad we made the decision to adopt him when we did. He's been a lot of work and still is, but I don't know how I would get through these 2+ months without him.
I love that goofball! He makes me smile. Thank you Lord for him and his companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment